Welcome to Nail Art Ideas Linkup, also fondly called N.A.I.L. We’ve been running N.A.I.L. for about a year now and it’s a relaxed monthly nail challenge with about one theme per week. It’s not really a ‘challenge’ though… it’s more of a linkup. It’s a great way to share your nail art with other people in the nail art community. You don’t have to commit to doing all the prompts each month. It’s up to you so please jump in when you can. Do your nails anytime during the month and share them using our inlinkz and hashtag #naillinkup. Keep reading for all the deets!
We took off a month so we could run the 31 day Oh Mon Dieu Challenge in July. But that’s over, the winners have been picked, the prizes have been mailed out and now we’re itching for more nail art! So do you want to see our NAIL themes for September??
Theme 1 – APPLES. September is back to school! What better time to paint some apples on our nails? As Bing Crosby says, “An apple for the teacher will always do the trick, when you don’t know your lesson in arithmetic.”
Theme 2 – SAPPHIRE. Sapphire is the birthstone for September. For this theme you can adorn your nails with gem studs, or maybe select a beautiful blue polish. However you’d like to interpret Sapphire is up to you.
Theme 3 – WATERCOLOR. Watercolor nails can be interpreted in different ways. If you do a web search you’ll find a bunch of great tutorials, many of which are quite different. But the final effect is similar- nails that look like watercolor paints. Here’s Craftynail’s watercolor technique if you need some ideas- Easy Watercolor Nailart
Theme 4 -LADYBUGS. Also called ladybirds in Europe, ladybugs are one of the cutest bugs out there, don’t you think? Get your red and black out, and let’s see your creativity! Need some inspiration? Check out these cute bugs from Eeeek Nail Polish! – Ladybug Nails
Rules for September Nail Art Ideas Linkup (N.A.I.L.)……
- Do one of the weekly themes, or do them all. It’s flexible!
- The dates for each week are only suggestions- you can post your nails whenever you want in September.
- The nail art ideas/themes are open to interpretation so you can create whatever kind of design you want. Stamps, stickers, acrylics- anything goes!
- We encourage everyone to join in no matter what platform you use- blog, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc…
- Feel free to share and re-post our September graphic to spread the word.
- You can use hashtag #NAILLINKUP on your social media.
- Lastly but most importantly, don’t forget to share your nail pics via the inlinkz below. These inlinkz will be open all month.
OPTIONAL FOR BLOGGERS- here’s the html if you’d like to add the inlinkz galleries to the end of your blog or tumblr post.
NAIL ART IDEAS LINKUP is hosted by Brijits Digits, Craftynail, Eeeek Nail Polish! and Nail That Accent!. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at all! You can also read more info about our monthly linkup on our blog links below. We look forward to seeing your nails this September!
Brijit from Brijits Digits
Jacqui from Craftynail
Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish!
Lindsay from Nail That Accent!