AVON Easy Press Nail Dryer

I recently set up nail station in the downstairs of my house.  I’m so happy to have a dedicated area to paint my nails!  I have my desk all organized but it seemed like I was missing something that could potentially make my station awesome!!!  A nail dryer.  I honestly didn’t even know where to start looking for one, or if there are different kinds, etc.  So when I spotted one in my AVON catalog I had to order it!

avon nail dryer

The AVON Easy Press Nail Dryer was $9.99 and they had a sale for buy one, get one for 99 cents.  So I ordered 2 of them and it came to $11.  Not bad.  It runs on 2 AA batteries.  Your supposed to put your hand under the dryer and then press down to have it automatically turn on.  I have found that you have to press pretty hard though.  I usually press down with my other hand’s pointer finger… that way I don’t have to press too hard with a wet hand. The fan is not super strong… but for an inexpensive plastic thing, what do you expect?  I like the purple color and the cheap price.  For me, the fact that it runs on batteries is nice since I was looking for something that didn’t have plugs or wires.

Do you have a nail dryer?

17 Comments on AVON Easy Press Nail Dryer

1. eklinman
    March 19, 2014 at 12:14 am (8 months ago)

a nail drier? is this in addition to quick dry top coat? *confused*
    also, i am incredibly jealous of your dedicated work station! i have…my bathroom counter. and it isn’t very big.

• Craftynail
      March 19, 2014 at 12:21 am (8 months ago)

Yeah if my base color dries slow i like to dry it a little before stamping… or maybe if i wanna dry my nail art a little extra so the topcoat doesn’t smudge it :) hey maybe u can turn on your bathroom fan! Hehe

• eklinman
        March 19, 2014 at 12:31 am (8 months ago)

that…is actually a really good idea. why did i never think of that? i tend to wave my hands around like a lunatic instead

• Craftynail
          March 19, 2014 at 12:47 am (8 months ago)

Well, your way burns more calories ;)

2. Lisa N.
    March 19, 2014 at 1:20 am (8 months ago)

Sounds like a neat tool to have. Never tried one before but it looks good :)

3. Brijit Elouise
    March 19, 2014 at 3:48 am (8 months ago)

oooh, I’ve never tried one – I guess I always just figured that I didn’t really need one. But now? Well, I think I do need one after all ;-)

• Craftynail
      March 19, 2014 at 9:36 pm (8 months ago)

And all this time you didn’t know you needed it!?

4. jennisnails
    March 19, 2014 at 8:22 am (8 months ago)

I used to use a nail dryer in the salon, but now I use CND SolarSpeed Spray. It dries polish in 5 minutes, which is way quicker than the 8 minutes my clients would stand in the dryer! Plus it takes up less space. ;)

• Craftynail
      March 19, 2014 at 9:46 pm (8 months ago)

Cool! I never really heard of that product

5. Kairi
    March 19, 2014 at 12:10 pm (8 months ago)

I’m so gonna ask (read make) my bf to dedicate 1 corner in our flat for my nail stuff. He is remodeling it at the moment, hence I’m trying to get a job to save some money for the furniture :D.
    As for the dryer, I have never used one. It looks cute though.

• Craftynail
      March 19, 2014 at 9:52 pm (8 months ago)

it took up a corner of my dining room. But who needs to dine anyway? Lol i hope you get your own space :)

6. Kitsu
    March 19, 2014 at 1:53 pm (8 months ago)

I’m so jealous that you have a dedicated nail station! I live with my bf in a teeny tiny apartment, so I just cram my nail polish into plastic drawers that also serve as my vanity and nightstand. I’ve never tried a nail dryer, but I’ve always been curious about them. Sometimes when I want my nail polish to dry faster, I’ll just put my nails next to the fan vent on my laptop. I don’t think it actually makes any difference though XD

• Craftynail
      March 19, 2014 at 9:53 pm (8 months ago)

Your laptop fan? That’s cute!

7. Nory
    March 19, 2014 at 3:46 pm (8 months ago)

I love fun things like this! I need to find it!

8. PrettyNailsAndTea
    July 22, 2014 at 5:36 pm (3 months ago)

Yes, I do have a nail drier. I like that yours is cheaper… I got mine for 14.99 at shopper’s drugmart. It came with about 6 mini polishes though. And it uses 4 AA batteries. I think the air is pretty decent. It actually makes my hands cold a little bit after a while and it’s not too hard to press. So I think it’s worth it??? I don’t know, lol…