Clover Accent Nails

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  I know I’m getting older because I now associate this holiday with eating instead of drinking.  Yup, a free corned beef dinner at mom and dads sounds better than a crowded bar.  I live in a college town and it’s spring break right now so most of the students are gone.  If I went out, I would probably feel at home since the places would be filled with my fellow ‘townies’ instead of young’ens.  But, it’s likely I’ll eat a nice family dinner, do my 30 day ab challenge exercises and call it a night.  OMG, I have to say… my ab challenge is getting so hard!  Here’s what I have to do.  I’m up to 75 situps, 100 crunches, 42 lower ab/leg raises and 65 seconds of plank today.  Phew!  I have to break it up into two workouts per day now… cuz 75 situps at once is a killer!  Enough whining! Let’s look at my st patrick’s day nails…

green glitter st patricks day

I’m wearing AVON Don’t be Jaded as my base color.  Yes, I wore it yesterday too for my other st paddys design.  I’ve noticed a weird pattern that I follow- if I get a new cream polish I like to wear it a few times right away.  It kinda makes me feel bad if I get a lovely new polish, only try it once, then put it on a shelf and forget about it.  I like to cherish my new bottles and use them a lot so they know they are loved.  If inanimate objects have feelings I like to think that my polish bottles are happy and feel appreciated. :)  Weird?  Yes, but that’s why you like me!

I also sponged some army green Ulta nail polish on my tips too, but you probably can’t tell since the colors blend well together.  Then I added a coat of a Pretty Woman glitter topper.  I’ve never tried Pretty Woman brand before.  I picked it up at Rite Aid recently and I think the name of this one is GREEN.  Very original huh? :)  I like that there’s a variety of glitter sizes in there… glitters like that tend to spread well for me.  I only needed one coat and I got some nice even glitter coverage with it.

I also decorated my ring fingers as accent nails.  Maybe you recognize my clovers ?  They are some of the diy decals that I hand-painted over the weekend in this post.  I stuck my clover decals on and then slathered some Seche Vite topcoat over top.  Like always, I love the the nice smooth finish and quick-dry shine that I get from my bff Seche!

st pattys nails

Do your nail polishes have feelings too? Or is it only mine?

(Visited 27 time, 1 visit today)

29 Comments on Clover Accent Nails

1. Lisa N.
    March 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm (5 months ago)

This is so pretty! Love the clover accent too :)

2. Nicole
    March 17, 2014 at 2:23 pm (5 months ago)

Love the clovers! So cute.

• Nicole
        March 18, 2014 at 2:27 pm (5 months ago)

Also my polishes don’t have feelings, but I do use them in waves. I don’t know if it’s my own laziness (they’re out so I use them) or just that using them gives me more ideas so I do several manis with them before moving on. I really like that green though.

3. vonimoller
    March 17, 2014 at 3:01 pm (5 months ago)

Nooooo my polish has feelings too! Today I wanted to use my Cirque instead of my initial choice of Essence for my jelly sarmie (for tomorrow) and Essence was like “no please use me *sad panda*” lol. Clearly I have problems.
    Ps: love the clovers. That’s exactly what I wanted to do for my st pattys day one

• Craftynail
      March 17, 2014 at 5:55 pm (5 months ago)

Poor essence ! Good thing you are attentive to it’s feelings.

4. julia
    March 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm (5 months ago)

this green manicure looks just soo stunning on your nails!
    I love the green shades that you used to create this nail art!

Xx Julia

• Craftynail
      March 17, 2014 at 5:56 pm (5 months ago)

thank you Julia ! !

5. Nail Polish Society
    March 17, 2014 at 3:17 pm (5 months ago)

Absolutely my polish has feelings! I need to start having a decal night. I love that you can just set them aside for later. I love that “Green” glitter.

• Craftynail
      March 17, 2014 at 5:57 pm (5 months ago)

Yah- making decals is fun when you feel like doing nail art but your nails are already painted!

6. Kairi
    March 17, 2014 at 5:13 pm (5 months ago)

I got this lovely mint green and I feel so bad, cause it stains. I really love the colour but the staining throws me off. I think that bottle of polish will be sad.

As for the abs, you could divide it into a series. Like do 3 times 25 or something. Might be easier and you wouldn’t have to have several training sessions per day. At least that’s what I did :D

• Craftynail
      March 17, 2014 at 5:58 pm (5 months ago)

So you mean do the abs all in one sitting… but do 25 at a time with breaks in between ?

• Kairi
        March 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm (5 months ago)

Yeh :)

• Kairi
            March 17, 2014 at 6:31 pm (5 months ago)

Let me know if that works for you. :)

• Craftynail
              March 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm (5 months ago)

I did round one and two but had to stop (dinner plans). Round three later on tonite. But maybe this could work!

7. Nory
    March 17, 2014 at 11:20 pm (5 months ago)

I really love this mani! Great job!

8. Catherine Dream
    March 18, 2014 at 8:02 am (5 months ago)

Haha, when I saw the thumbnail I just thought, wow, Jacqui is really into DIY decals now ; )) This is a great mani, I especially like the base colour with it!
    My polishes absolutely have feelings, and I’m SO GLAD I’m not insane and alone in my insanity. Also, other inanimate objects have feelings too in my life. Like bread. Yesterday I had a firm conversation with a loaf that just wouldn’t unsquish after I sliced it and it came out of the machine. So.
    ; )

• Craftynail
      March 18, 2014 at 6:43 pm (5 months ago)

Your poor bread! You are over there buttering it and it’s silently screaming ‘nooooo don’t eat me Cat, pleease!’

9. LittleMonsterx14
    March 18, 2014 at 5:51 pm (5 months ago)

holy moly that challenge looks like a pain in the butt…literally! but this mani is so cute, i love it!

• Craftynail
      March 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm (5 months ago)

thanks! and i’m dreading the abs every night. i hope i can make it to the end!

10. NailsLikeLace
    March 18, 2014 at 6:33 pm (5 months ago)

Your clovers are so cute! I love this mani!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Clover Accent Nails

1. […] even mention my MIAB status (kosher baking, anyone?) As I was painting my nails I remembered Jacqui’s words about inanimate bottles of polish – mine have feelings too ; ) Anyway, painting my nails with […]